AP students will create a painting or drawing representing an interior space. The students will use personal photographs as a reference and plan using multiple sketches to arrive at a thoughtful conclusion.
1. Brainstorm 10 ideas for the project then brainstorm another 10 ideas :) (20 total): Ask yourself will this be a concentration or breath piece? Will your drawing be abstracted? Think about the medium you might like to use, and start looking up references or taking pictures. You will need to have pictures ready to go on day 2 so you can begin sketching. IDEAS (inside a car, fridge, closet, drawer, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen cabinet…) focus on DEPTH, TEXTURE, COLOR, and EMPHASIS.
2. Choose 2 best ideas and create at least 4 compositional sketches (Discuss Plan with Rossi)
3. Choose best compositional sketch and do a planned final sketch that brings all ideas together for final design.
4. Complete the drawing or painting with superb craftsmanship.
5. Post to digital portfolio with in progress photos and final reflection.
Medium ideas: (colored pencil, chalk pastel, charcoal, acrylic paint, watercolor, graphite, pen and ink)
Due: October 26th